Monday, December 3, 2007

Ending the Break

OK. I have taken far too much time off so I will attempt to end my long break of not writing. Suffice to say things in my personal life have calmed somewhat and I should be able to get my head back in the game (whatever that game may be).

For this issue I will do a bit of a cheat. This is going to be the equivalent to a clip so because I am going to briefly revisit some of the topics I hit on in earlier postings.

Public Defendaz – Keeping up the Movement

My first “Solid Entertainment” post focused primarily on an underground hip hop group based in central California, Public Defendaz. First, let me say that I am honored that they liked the bulk of my review enough to post an excerpt on their Myspace page while at the same time cleaning their Myspace and making the all important music more accessible.

Public Defendaz are beginning to put up some new tracks and from what I have heard so far the newer songs hit just as hard as their debut tracks on Speedy Trial Vol. 1.

If you haven’t checked these guys out yet then please take a minute to give them a listen.

On Console Gaming – I Like Computers Too

My friend, Bax, likes to give me crap for jumping ship over to the console land of gaming and I openly admit that I would like to have a super powered gamer computer to run all the new games but for the most part, these days, there isn’t anything out for the traditional computer gamer that I am particularly excited about. If this situation changes anytime soon then I will give serious thought to buying a new computer but not until then.

For now console gaming is providing the exciting titles with an ease of accessibility that the computer gaming world simply can’t beat.

The War on Logic – Looking Closer at an Undertone

I may devote a whole post to this topic but for now I will just touch on an undertone that is present in my post titled “The War on Logic.

There are some things that simply should not be privatized and, as much as humanly possible, war is one of them. As messy a business as war and conflict are they are meant, in theory, to serve a public good, which is why we have a military with a civilian head and a strong chain of command.

We should not be so quick to auction off those institutions serving in the interest of the public good (education, military, health care, emergency services, etc.) to those seeking profit because their margin does not necessarily serve the best interests of the populous.

No comments: